Basic concepts and description of settings
Material settings is a set of parameters of a building material that our system can calculate.
Depending on the type of material, the settings include: the allowable dimensions of the material, the length or height of the material, the rounding parameters, the list of components allowed, and so on. Each specific material (for example, profiled C8) contains its own set of settings and using them you can calculate roofing.
Settings are divided by the type of material and the level of availability.
Settings availability level
- Global - are settings that are set by the system administration and users cannot change them. We independently create a list of settings by agreement with manufacturing plants or their representatives.
As you add manufacturers - these settings will be enough to calculate the material you need.
- Corporate - settings that are set by your company's administrator and visible to all company employees registered in the system (employees — like global settings — are read-only, administrators are editable).
It is convenient to use if your company works with a supplier that is not in our system or you have your particular preferences (for example, you have adopted a different rounding method than the factory one or recommend users to a different number of self-tapping screws)
- Personal - user settings directly. It can be used and edited only by the user (and the company administrator).
It is used in the same way as corporate settings, mainly in case of impossibility to use global settings or create specialized settings for non-standard material.
- Project - settings that are used in a particular project. They are not visible in the general list and are available directly from the project. The project user can change them (this will lead to the recalculation of the project) without fear that other projects or material settings that were used at the time of the project creation will change.
Types of settings material
Each material has its own set of settings that can be seen at the time of editing.
- Metal tile and composite tile - allows you to set all the parameters of sheets, including restricted lengths or fixed sizes
- Profiled - just like the metal tile settings, you can set the limits for cutting sheets for custom manufacturing or set the standard length of sheets
- Soft roof - the main parameter is the coefficient for converting the area of the slope into the area of the material, since this material does not require a layout on the roof
- Metal seam roof - the settings are similar to corrugated (cutting length limits or setting standard sizes) with the ability to specify "distribution" sheets when placed on the roof
Also, as new materials are added, the number of types of material settings will also increase.